There are many chain manufacturers in the motorcycle industry but most (including some Japanese manufacturers) only offer a single type of sealing ring, using a "one type fits all approach" which is used on all their drive chains.
This can be inefficient depending on the intended use. .
Different types of seals for different applications maximises efficiency and performance
RK currently has FIVE types of sealed-ring chains. Each has its own features and benefits.
- O ring and RX Rings came first. Each a great product in their own right and broadly similar to the competition's current offerings.
- After several years of development, RK added the XW range of sealed chains to radically improve chain life and performance.
- As racing expanded into several different genres, RK also added the ultra thin U-Ring and UW-Ring sealed chains.
- Each seal type is specifically designed for a particular use to provide the ultimate in rotating efficiency with minimum friction, while providing a longer chain life.
- Do not compromise: Maximise the motorcycle's performance by fitting RK chain. Mark Marquez does and he does pretty well...
The RK racing chain series use RKs unique technology using an ultra thin seal where the thickness of seal is less than 50% of the common seal.
- This makes it possible to design a sealed chain with the weight of a non-sealed chain.
- The use of sealed chain in racing can minimize the elongation of the chain which maintains the meshing precision between chain and sprocket, keeping high transmission efficiency throughout the race.
- RK Racing Chain Series are designed strictly for Racing ONLY
- NOT for street use