RK 530UWV chain was especially developed to replace 530 non-sealed chains on classic motorcycles where clearances between sprockets and crankcase or chains and swingarm are restrictive. This 530 UWV chain features RK ultra thin UW-Ring seals. This gives a sealed ring chain with a very similar outer width to conventional non sealed chains, allowing fitment where sealed chain could not previously be used.
Converting from non sealed chain to sealed ring UWV can give up to 4 times the life of a non-sealed chain.
UWV has very minimal friction and very little stretch after initial adjustment
Only RK produces a sealed ring conversion of this type for classic motorcycles
There are many chain manufacturers in the motorcycle industry but most (including some Japanese manufacturers) only offer a single type of sealing ring, using a "one type fits all approach" which is used on all their drive chains. This can be inefficient depending on the intended use. Different types of seals for different applications maximises efficiency and performance.
RK currently has FIVE types of sealed-ring chains. Each has its own features and benefits.
- O ring and RX Rings came first. Each a great product in their own right and broadly similar to the competition's current offerings.
- After several years of development, RK added the XW range of sealed chains to radically improve chain life and performance.
- As racing expanded into several different genres, RK also added the ultra thin U-Ring and UW-Ring sealed chains.
- Each seal type is specifically designed for a particular use to provide the ultimate in rotating efficiency with minimum friction, while providing a longer chain life.
- Do not compromise: Maximise the motorcycle's performance by fitting RK chain. Mark Marquez does and he does pretty well...
GP530UWV chain is the ideal replacement sealed chain for vintage motorcycles that were originally supplied with non-sealed chain
- 530UWV chain features an ultra thin UW ring seal.
- UW-Ring making it possible to have a chain width very similar to the original, non-sealed chain
- This chain comes with a silver coating on the inner and outer plates.
- Converting non-sealed to a sealed chain can give up to 4 times the chain life and  much less adjustment being needed